Scooter would like to wish you a happy and safe Halloween!
He has five rules for the spookiest day of the year:
- Be safe.
- Be smart.
- Have fun!
- Listen to your parents.
- Don’t eat all your candy at once (and let your parents check your candy before you dig in!)
Remember to carpool if you plan on trick-or-treating in a neighborhood that’s not within walking distance of your house!
Hi friends, it’s me – Scooter the Spare The Air Dog! Don’t you just love the fall season? The warm colors of the trees, the cold crisp air and, of course, Halloween!
I know that when you think of Halloween, you probably think of orange, but I always think green! Many Halloween products can produce a monstrous amount of waste that can haunt our environment way beyond the eerie shadows of Halloween night.
Help Spare The Air and show off your spooky Spare The Air tricks and treats this Halloween with these environmentally friendly tips:
- Choose an eco-friendly costume made of natural fabrics, rather than a costume that’s made of materials that can’t be recycled.
- Reuse last year’s costume or donate it so someone else can rock your fairy wings or Dracula cape next year.
- Get crafty. Decorations are fun to make and are a great way to used recycled materials. Try creating pumpkins made out of used milk cartons. Learn how, here: http://bit.ly/1LoFbZF
- Save your jack-o-lantern seeds. For a delicious pumpkin seed recipe, click here: http://bit.ly/1NCkycL
- Trick-or-treat on foot and bring a flashlight. Walking from house to house will reduce air pollution and give everyone a chance to see your costume.
Have a fun and safe Halloween!
Hi everyone! Taking care of a pet is a big responsibility. (I should know…I’m a dog!) Pets need food and treats, clean air to breathe and bubble baths. Most over-the-counter pet shampoos use all kinds of chemicals that are bad for our environment and our air. I like to smell like flowers—not chemicals— so I use a special doggy shampoo that can be made at home.
Next time you give your doggy a bath, use this easy DIY pup shampoo recipe.
Do It Yourself Doggy Shampoo Recipe Ingredients
- 1 quart of water
- 1 cup of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of baby shampoo
Pour ingredients into a spray bottle, shake it up really well, and give your furry best friend a bath.
Let me know how your doggy shampoo turns out by sharing a picture of your family pet on my Facebook or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.