Hi friends, it’s me – Scooter the Spare The Air Dog! Don’t you just love the fall season? The warm colors of the trees, the cold crisp air and, of course, Halloween!
I know that when you think of Halloween, you probably think of orange, but I always think green! Many Halloween products can produce a monstrous amount of waste that can haunt our environment way beyond the eerie shadows of Halloween night.
Help Spare The Air and show off your spooky Spare The Air tricks and treats this Halloween with these environmentally friendly tips:
- Choose an eco-friendly costume made of natural fabrics, rather than a costume that’s made of materials that can’t be recycled.
- Reuse last year’s costume or donate it so someone else can rock your fairy wings or Dracula cape next year.
- Get crafty. Decorations are fun to make and are a great way to used recycled materials. Try creating pumpkins made out of used milk cartons. Learn how, here: http://bit.ly/1LoFbZF
- Save your jack-o-lantern seeds. For a delicious pumpkin seed recipe, click here: http://bit.ly/1NCkycL
- Trick-or-treat on foot and bring a flashlight. Walking from house to house will reduce air pollution and give everyone a chance to see your costume.