I hope everyone had a wonderful Earth Day! Earth Day is special because we get to celebrate our beautiful, amazing planet. We only have one Earth and it’s important to take care of it by making green choices. Green isn’t just a pretty color, it’s a way of life. I want to teach you about some ways you can help reduce air pollution and make green choices – on Earth Day and every other day of the year. So, make sure to practice the following tips, and pass them along to your friends and family:
1. Walk or bike to school and after school activities: This is a great way to help keep the air clean and to get exercise.
2. Carpool to school, work and other activities: Share a ride with your friends. It’s fun and a great way to reduce air pollution.
3. Recycle: Always recycle when you can. Recycling is one of the easiest ways to help protect our planet Earth. Ask your parents to learn more by visiting calrecycle.ca.gov.
4. Turn off the lights: Save energy by using only what you need, and remember to turn off all the lights when you leave your house.
5. Don’t waste water: Always turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth to help save water.
I hope you all had a wonderful and “green” Earth Day. I had a great time celebrating at the Placer County Earth Day event in Roseville, and the ECOS Earth Day event in Sacramento. To find out where I’ll be next, visit my event calendar.
Until next time!