Hopefully, you’ve been keeping up with my blog posts, because I’ve shared lots of awesome tips and information with you over the past couple of years. If you think you’re an air quality rock star, take my quiz to see how much you know about the Sacramento region’s Spare The Air campaign!
1. Which of the following IS NOT a great way to Spare The Air?
a. Bring your own lunch to work or school
c. Using a gas lawn mower
d. Riding your bike to school
2. What’s the name of the free app that your parents can download on their phones to check the daily air quality forecast and receive Spare The Air alerts?
a. Sacramento AQI app
b. Spare The Air AQI app
c. Sacramento Forecast app
d. Sacramento Region Air Quality app
3. What do we call the PICTURE BELOW that helps us determine how much pollution is in the air?
a. Spare The Air Chart (STAC)
b. Air Quality Index (AQI)
c. Air Quality Table (AQT)
d. Scooter’s Quality Index (SQI)
4. Except for wildfire smoke, what is the biggest cause of summertime air pollution in the Sacramento region?
b. Vehicles like cars, trucks and buses
5. True or False: Children are at greater risk from air pollution because their lungs are still developing and they breathe more rapidly than adults, which increases their exposure.
6. Riding a ________ or __________ to school are great ways to help Spare The Air.
e. Both B & D
f. Both A & C
7. The Spare The Air season starts on ___________ and ends on _____________?
a. Starts: The first day of school/Ends: The last day of school
b. Starts: May 1/Ends: October 31
c. Starts: May 1/Ends: January 1
d. Starts: January 1/Ends: May 1
Okay – let’s see how you did. Are you a Spare The Air expert? Scroll down to the bottom of the page to check your answers!
If you want to say hello and hang out with me, check my calendar to see where my next stop is.
Until next time!