I’ve shared a lot of amazing tips and information to help you Spare The Air. If you think you have what it takes to be an air quality genius, try my quiz below to see how much you know about air pollution and the Sacramento region’s Spare The Air campaign!
1. What do we call the PICTURE BELOW that helps us determine how much pollution is in the air?
A. Spare The Air Chart (STAC)
B. Air Quality Index (AQI)
C. Air Quality Table (AQT)
D. Scooter’s Quality Index (SQI)
2. Which of the following is NOT a great way to Spare The Air?
A. Buying fresh, local produce
B. Using electric lawn and garden tools
C. Using a charcoal grill
C. Riding your bike or walking, instead of using a car
3. What is the biggest cause of summertime air pollution in the Sacramento region?
4. What’s the name of the free app that your parents can download on their phones to check the daily air quality forecast and receive Spare The Air alerts?
A. Sacramento AQI app
B. Spare The Air AQI app
C. Sacramento Forecast app
D. Sacramento Region Air Quality app
5. True or False: Children are at greater risk from air pollution because their lungs are still developing and they breathe more rapidly than adults, which increases their exposure.
6. The Spare The Air season starts on ___________ and ends on _____________?
A. Starts: The first day of school/Ends: The last day of school
B. Starts: May 1/Ends: October 31
C. Starts: May 1/Ends: January 1
D. Starts: January 1/Ends: May 1
7. Riding a ________ or __________ instead of using the car are great ways to help Spare The Air.
E. Both B & D
F. Both A & C
Want to see how you did? Scroll down to the bottom of the page to check your answers!
For more Spare The Air tips and fun games and activities, visit: www.aqmdscooter.com.
Until next time!